What are the Best Facial Treatments to Help My Skin?
Are you wondering about the best facial treatments for your skin type? Skin is the most visible organ in the human body, and it’s also one of the most delicate organs. Getting facial treatments can help you keep it healthy, vibrant, and glowing. Whether you have combination skin, sensitive skin, or oily skin, getting a facial treatment can nourish your complexion and support other skincare products that you use at home.
Learn more about the facial treatments that Clearasil has to offer, or shop our current facial products now.
What is a facial treatment?
A facial is a variety of treatments designed to support healthy skin. This service can include exfoliation, extraction, creams, facial masks, peels, and more. Licensed estheticians perform facials at day spas.
Facials support general skin health as well as address specific skin issues. Beyond just skincare, these treatments are a great way to recharge and relax. These treatments work best when combined with a proper skincare routine. You should only get a professional facial every 4-8 weeks.
What are the steps of a facial treatment?
A typical facial usually consists of five steps:
1. Preparation - Some facials require more preparation than others. Most facial requires a clean face, free of any make-up and excess oils to start. Chemical facials require that you only use gentle facial products days or weeks before service. Always speak with your esthetician about what you should expect and how to prepare before getting a facial treatment.
2. Cleansing - Facials usually begin with a skin cleanser. This face wash is usually very soothing, and the esthetician will use mild products to remove excess oil and dirt from your skin. The cleanser they use will depend on your skincare type and unique needs.
3. Exfoliation - After cleansing, your esthetician will usually follow with exfoliation. The exfoliating process aids the shedding of dead skin cells. Your exfoliant depends on your skincare needs and range from gentle peels to manual scrubs to chemical peels. Before service, you should always consult your esthetician to discover which exfoliant type would be right for you.
4. Steaming - In this step of the process, your esthetician will use a steamer to help prep your face for extraction. The goal of steaming is to open pores so the esthetician can remove impurities. Steaming length and power can be adjusted to fit your comfort level.
5. Extraction - The esthetician will remove skin impurities like blackheads and whiteheads during the extraction process. To finish up your facial, your esthetician will either use a cold towel over your face or a mild laser to close your pores. Your esthetician will give you after-care instructions to help reduce possible redness or irritation.
Benefits of a Facial Treatment
Supports Blood Circulation
Facials help support skin cell renewal by increasing blood flow under the skin. Good circulation is essential to decrease skin puffiness and help remove toxins from the skin.
Cleanses the Skin
Although daily skin cleaners are vital, they can only do so much. Facials include steaming and extractions that get deep into the pores to remove oil and dirt.
Supports a Youthful Glow
As mentioned before, facials increase blood circulation, thus stimulating collagen production to help you attain softer, smoother skin.
Lowers Stress Levels
Facials not only allow you to take care of your skin, but they are also a great way to relax. Many facials also include a massage element and use calming essential oils, like lavender. Getting a facial is a great way to unwind.
Types of Facial Treatments
Although they typically follow the same pattern, there are many different facial treatments. The four most common are acne, chemical, anti-aging, and classic facials. Finding the best facial treatment for you may require time and careful consult with your local esthetician.
Do facials help with acne? If you’re battling with blemish-prone skin, the good news is that facials can help you manage some forms of acne. Facials for acne usually include extractions of blackheads and whiteheads and a high-frequency device that kills acne-causing bacteria.
The goal is to remove the excess sebum, dead skin cells, and buildup in pores. Your esthetician will end your acne facial with a soothing mask and lotion.
Developing a skincare routine is key in combatting acne. See how Clearasil Rapid Rescue Solution can help you treat acne.
A chemical peel is an exfoliating facial used to maintain healthy skin. During a chemical peel, your esthetician will apply a solution on the skin that will cause it to peel off. The new skin underneath will typically be smoother and softer than the peeled-off skin.
After a chemical peel, your skin is usually very sensitive. So, it’s important to avoid direct sunlight during this time and only use a gentle cleanser and proper SFP.
If aging skin is more of your focus, you should consider an anti-aging facial. These facials are formulated to treat skin issues that happen due to aging and environmental factors. Anti-aging facials often include ingredients like vitamin C and hyaluronic acid that nourish the skin and help promote clear smooth skin.
Classic facials are treatments compatible with most skin types. This facial treatment includes deep pore cleansing, exfoliation, extractions and focuses more on relaxation. In addition, classic facials help treat skin congestion, dullness, sensitivity, and loss of firmness.
Different Approach for Different Seasons
Environmental issues significantly affect our skin. So as the weather changes, your skincare needs changes too. During the summer or spring, what worked for you may not get the same results in the fall and winter. Just like you trade in your summer sandals for boots in the fall, how you approach skincare will change with the seasons.
Summer Facial Treatment vs. Fall Facial Treatments
Summer Skincare: Summer months bring heat and rain, and all the stickiness of humidity with it. Sweat means increased oil production in the summer, meaning more acne if you’re prone to it. You’ll need lighter products, exfoliating facial cleansers, and plenty of SPF to combat sun damage and fight breakouts. Try Clearasil Exfoliating Acne Face Wash and the companion Stubborn Acne Spot Treatment to curb summer pimples.
Summer Facials: At your local day spa, opt for exfoliating facials and acne facials if you tend to break out more in warmer weather.
Fall Skincare: Autumn means cooler temperatures and drier skin. In the fall, you’ll need a thicker facial cream and a cleanser that won’t strip your skin of moisture. Choose a soothing face wash, like Clearasil Gentle Prevention, that includes soothing aloe and cucumber extract and is gentle enough for daily use.
Fall Facials: Talk with your esthetician about more moisturizing facials that include vitamin C or hyaluronic acid ingredients.
How Clearasil Can Support Your Skin
It may take some trial and error to discover the best facial treatment for you. But, one thing is for sure, no matter what facial you choose, it must be supported by a good skincare regimen, and that’s where Clearasil can help.
Clearasil offers some of the best acne facial treatments to support smooth and healthy skin that you can use daily. Try our Rapid Rescue line for deep pore cleansing and acne treatment, or shop our bundle and kits for an all-in-one solution.